It has been a long time since I wrote a blog. I have been very busy. Lately I have been thinking of family. Family is very important to me. I have a very big extended family. Even though it was just me, Caleb and my Mom growing up, I have 4 aunts and 4 uncles, and lots of cousins. I have always been surrounded by people who love me.
Since hearing from my Dad again, I have started thinking more about what life would have been like had my parents stay together. My Mom and Dad have been reconnecting for the past month or so. I have a feeling things might start to get serious. I guess the only concern I have is for my Mom. I don’t want her to fall for the jerk my Dad used to be. I know he has changed a lot, and whatever but he still hurt her once. She says she has forgiven him for what he did, but she will never forget what he did. I guess we will see what happens. I mean, I hope things work out for them.
I have also discovered that my biological Grandma doesn’t care to get to know me right now. It kind of stings that she wouldn’t want to, but I guess I understand. I mean, my Mom and Dad weren’t together when I was born, and I was unexpected. I know she is religious so maybe that has a lot to do with it. Maybe I will just send her a Christmas card this year. It’s not my fault her son was a douche.
As far as my new found brothers go, I am really glad that I finally found them. I met Dennis, and talked to Nic on the phone as well as e-mail frequently. They are both really great guys. I am lucky to have them as brothers. Makes me mad we didn’t meet sooner, but better late than never! Hopefully we will grow closer as time goes on, and our families will know each other.
As for now, I am trying to stay closer to my brother Caleb; I don’t want to ever take our relationship for granted, because we are close for brother and sister. Also, I am planning on calling my Grandma Bernard, and I really want to visit her. She loves me and Lili so much, and yet I have been taking her for granted too. I am not even her biological granddaughter and she has always been so great to us.
I guess the moral of the story is to never take your family for granted, because you never know when they aren’t going to be there.
I have never met my Dad and have had his address for a long time but, have been too scared to contact him for fear of rejection. I admire you for trying to be in the other side of your family. I just read all of your postings. Good luck with the immigration appointment. We moved to Mexico to start the process and have been here for 8 months, it is very hard here and we have had a very bad thing happen in this process, I hope we can get back to the safety of the US soon. Good luck and keep us posted on how it goes.
ReplyDelete