So I talked to my Dad last Sunday night. I don’t want to say everything we talked about, but we had a very nice conversation. He is living in Salmon, ID. It sounds like he is happy there; however the economy isn’t doing very well. We talked about the last time we saw each other and how, I guess without realizing it, I was kind of cold towards him. I didn’t mean to be. It was probably my age or the rebellion stage of adolescence. I guess he took that and assumed I didn’t want to really have anything to do with him. I can understand that.
He asked about my Mom. It’s was weird to me, to hear my Dad talk about my Mom. I am pretty sure my Mom really loved my Dad at one time. Hearing my Dad talk about my Mom makes me think he felt the same about her. This made me happy. Probably because I am a little piece of these two people. A symbol of their love, you might say. It’s nice to know that you are a symbol of love, and not of something else… like two broken marriages or something.
All in all, I enjoyed talking to him very much. I even find myself looking at the world a little differently- like I have someone out there that thinks about me… that cares about me, even. Before, that part of my life was just a closed door.
It sounds like my Dad lives an interesting life. He likes to fish, and collects fish. I guess he has quite the collection of aquariums at his home. He lives in a small town in Idaho . I am sure the mountains are nearby. I am going to call him next week. I don’t want this to be the end of our relationship.
I am very thankful that God has given us this opportunity to reconnect. Con Dios, todo es posible.
Spanish - English
Con Dios, todo es posible - With God, anything is possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment